Kratom's legal status in Indiana

Kratom USA is constantly working to improve itself and it's products. When we make changes we will let you know here!
kratomusa
Site Admin

Kratom's legal status in Indiana

Post by kratomusa » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm

We would like to inform you of a recent change regarding our shipping policy for the state of Indiana. For those of you who have not yet heard, Indiana has recently passed a law banning the two main active alkaloids in kratom - 7 hydroxymitragynine & mitragynine – which are naturally occurring in the kratom plant. This is very frustrating to kratom supporters, as the bill was designed to ban synthetic drugs. Unfortunately, kratom, which is an all-natural plant product that has NEVER had any deaths or harm reported from its use, was ignorantly included in this ban. A similar fate nearly occurred in the state of Louisiana but was thankfully stopped through the efforts of kratom supporters who petitioned law makers and informed them of kratom’s mild effects and close relation to the coffee plant. Kratom was then removed from the list of banned substances. We certainly wish the same results had occurred in Indiana. Until the law is either challenged or changed, we will be unable to ship our products to Indiana. We offer our apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us by telephone at 910.638.9408 or through our website using the “Contact” tab.
Kind Regards,
Kratom USA Staff
www.KratomUSA.com

Bugscuttle

Re: Kratom's legal status in Indiana

Post by Bugscuttle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Speaking as a native Chicagoan now exiled to Hoosierland, I can only say I am appalled at the stupidity of the Republican legislature. But I guess they're only following the money. The AMA and the Big Pharmaceutical corporations have a vested interest in making sure that effective herbs are not easy to obtain, that the knowledge of their use is not easily accessed, and that the most effective of them are just plain illegal.
If folks can treat their own illnesses and chronic problems with herbs, then what the hell do we need with the overpriced pill-pushers? That's the main reason I started studying herbalism.
sigh...
I'm going to miss the great service and outstanding products that KUSA has given me. At least until I move the hell out of this godsforsaken, 20 years-behind-freakin-Mississippi, rustbelt hellhole.

Joy_09

Re: Kratom's legal status in Indiana

Post by Joy_09 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:48 am

I just read about this ban. I also do not find this ban on Kratom much reasonable. Thankfully, I am in USA and I do not expect US government to establish these types of policies.